The Dangers from Pesky Birds in Industrial Facilities
Industries spend thousands every year to clean up the mess caused by bird’s droppings and repair the damage they cause. These ongoing nuisances can have far greater financial consequences than property maintenance. Birds nesting and roosting in commercial buildings can present serious risks, including accidental falls, electrical fires, or unsanitary conditions. These are just a few examples of the dangers that bird nesting and roosting can pose to birds in commercial areas.
Bird droppings can cause damage to your public image and structural components. They can also increase the chance of slips and falls, which can lead to costly litigation. Birds can also transmit more than 60 disease-causing organisms, so it is essential to eliminate them from your workplace. Bird problems, if not dealt with promptly, can cause costly settlements as well as serious health hazards.
Why Bird Control Is Important in Commercial Spaces
Here's a list of the most important reasons why bird control is required:
- Bird droppings are extremely acidic and can cause irreparable harm to important equipment, roofs, walkways, and everything from paint and cement to wood and metals.
- If birds become trapped in HVAC equipment or HVAC ducts, they can cause damage and even fire.
- Birds can cause foodborne illness or regulatory action by contaminating food products.
- Bird allergies can result from bird fecal matter and bird feather dander.
- A poor business image is created when nesting materials and bird droppings are found in commercial spaces. This can be reflected to customers, visitors, associates, and even the media.
- Businesses that clean bird droppings daily not only waste money but expose employees to more than 60 diseases caused by pest birds.
- Flooding can result from nesting materials blocking drains and gutters.
- Bird droppings or nesting materials in food processing plants, restaurants and storage areas can result in heavy fines and even legal action.
- Bird droppings are slippery and can pose potential dangers to customers and employees.
- Infectious bird droppings can cause serious health problems in certain industries.
- Your production will be affected by bird interference and may have to be stopped, slowed, delayed, or halted. It is a bad idea to work in areas that have bird droppings, which could lead to shutting downs.
- Birds that swoop and make noise can be annoying for both employees and visitors, and it can also affect your work.
Humane, Safe Methods for Controlling Bird Infestations
A professional bird control company can be hired to prevent any health or property damage, as well as costly equipment repairs, cleanup costs, cleaning costs, environmental and health violations, work stops, and blocked drains. They offer safe, effective, and viable solutions to all bird problems. Here are some of the most common bird exclusion methods.
- Bird netting
Netting acts humanely to exclude birds from undesirable areas like gardens and canopies. Netting keeps birds away from undesirable areas like eaves, canopies, and gardens.
- Shock Tracks
Shock tracks are a great way to keep birds out of any area. While they might sound cruel, shock track is humane and safe for scaring away birds. The shock tracks produce mild electric shocks when birds land on them. They are non-harmful and highly effective in keeping birds from an area. Shock tracks can be discreetly placed, nailed, or adhered to any flat or curving surface, parapet walls or rooflines.
- Bird Spikes
Bird spikes can be used to create a safe area for birds. Spikes are a great way to create an area that is safe for all bird species. Spikes are easy to blend into the surrounding environment and are specially designed not to cause any harm. Bird spikes are used on narrow surfaces, such as security cameras, signs, parapet walls or ledges.
- Chemical Repellents and Flash Tape
Reflective flash tape scares birds by moving from the wind or the sun reflecting off Mylar tape.
Bird Control Without Professional Help
It can be difficult and time-consuming to manage your warehouse if you try to control birds on your own. This is because bird controlling can be difficult. They will keep coming back.
It will be more difficult to remove birds from your home if they are allowed to nest or roost for too long. Solid Avian Solutions can provide customized solutions to commercial spaces in need of professional and prompt bird control. Contact us at (866-936-6157) to transform your place into a bird-free zone.