4 MOST EFFECTIVE METHODS OF BIRD CONTROL IN COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES
The Dangers of Pesky Birds in Industrial Facilities
Industries spend thousands of dollars each year on cleaning up bird droppings and repairing damage. This ongoing nuisance is far more costly than regular property maintenance. Birds that nest or roost within commercial spaces can pose serious dangers such as accidental falls, electric fires, and unsanitary conditions. These are just some of the dangers associated with bird nesting or roosting within commercial spaces.
Bird droppings can damage your reputation, cause structural problems, and increase the likelihood of falls. This can result in costly litigation. It is also known that birds can transmit more than 60 diseases. Therefore, it is important to get rid of them in order to maintain a safe and sanitary workplace. Bird problems that are not addressed promptly can lead to costly settlements and other serious health risks.
Why Bird Control is Important for Commercial Spaces
These are the top reasons bird control is mandatory.
- Bird droppings can cause irreparable damage and destruction to roofs, walkways, vital equipment, and other items, including paint, cement, wood, and metals.
- Birds can get stuck in HVAC ducts and equipment, clogging components and causing fires.
- Foodborne illness and regulatory action can be triggered by birds contaminating food products.
- Bird allergies can be caused by bird fecal matter or feather dander.
- Customers, visitors, and associates are not impressed by the presence of nesting materials or bird droppings in commercial spaces.
- Companies that spend time cleaning up bird droppings every day are not only wasting money, but they also expose their workers to more than sixty diseases spread by pest birds.
- The potential for flooding can be caused by nesting materials clogging gutters and drains.
- Bird droppings and nesting material found in food processing plants, storage facilities, restaurants, and other places can lead to heavy fines and legal action that could result in the closure of all operations.
- Bird droppings can become slippery and pose a danger to your customers and employees.
- Infectious bird droppings in certain industries can be a breach of health codes and lead to fines, lawsuits, and other legal actions.
- You are losing money if your production is affected by bird influence. Avoid working in areas where bird droppings can build up, as it could cause shutdowns.
- Birds making noise and swooping can distract and annoy your visitors and employees, as well as affect work.
Humane and Safe Methods to Control Bird Infestations
You can avoid potential health problems, property damage, costly equipment repairs, fines for violating health codes, work stoppages and other costs by hiring a professional bird control company that offers viable, safe and effective solutions to all kinds of bird problems. These are the most popular bird exclusion methods:
- Bird netting
Netting acts like a physical barrier to keep birds out of undesirable areas such as gardens, canopies, or eaves. Netting prevents birds nesting and roosting all year and protects any location from their nuisance.
- Shock Tracks
Shock tracks can be used to keep birds from any place. Although they may sound cruel, shock tracks are safe and humane. When birds land on them, they emit mild electric shocks. Shock tracks are not harmful and can be discreetly nailed or glued to any flat surface or curved surface, including parapet walls, rooflines, beams, beams, ledges, ledges, or rooflines.
- Bird Spikes
Bird spikes are the best method to make sure birds don't land in your yard. Spikes create a safe area for birds to rest, nest, and perch in which even the most stubborn species of bird will not venture. Spikes blend well with the environment and are designed to do no harm. Bird spikes can be used on narrow surfaces such as signage, parapet walls and ledges.
- Chemical repellents and Flash Tape
Reflective flash tape is used to scare birds away from sunlight and wind. Bird Control Is Not Easy Without Professional Help. Bird control can be frustrating and time-consuming for warehouse managers. This is because bird management isn't as simple as chasing them away. They keep returning.
Birds will roost and nest longer than you think. It is more difficult to eradicate them. Solid Avian Solutions offers customized bird control services for commercial spaces that require prompt and professional service. Call us at 866-936-6157 to turn your establishment into an entirely bird-free zone.